Development Education Network-Liberia (DEN-L), a local non-governmental organization located on Dementa Road, Gbarnga City, Bong County, is soliciting applications from qualified Liberians with experience in accounting work with not-for-profit organizations, for possible employment in Accounting Position at DEN-L. The selected applicant will be given three-month probation and subsequently awarded a one-year employment contract, based on a good probational performance report. The contract will also be renewed based on performance during the first year.
Job specifications and descriptions
- Job Specification-Applicant must:
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in the field of Accounting;
- Be at least a first-degree holder or its equivalence in said area;
- Be knowledgeable of NGOs work for at least five (5) years;
- Applicant must be computer literate (Microsoft and Excel) and has good skills in report writing
- Must be willing to put in extra time for the work, when necessary, sometimes Saturday based on the workload and the instructions of his or her bosses (ED, DDP, and DDF) for timely completion of financial documents.
- Job description-the following are the key expectations of the job holders:
- Records daily cash transactions;
- Work 40 hours a week from Monday to Friday
- Codes and posts daily transactions;
- Tracks or verifies third-party documents (receipts);
- Prepares monthly financial reports and submits same to the Deputy Director of Finance for Review;
- Does monthly bank reconciliation for all DEN-L’s Accounts;
- Comply with all reasonable and lawful instructions provided by the Employer;
- Perform his/her duties with all reasonable skill and diligence;
- Conduct his/her duties in the best interests of the organization;
- Deal with the Employer in good faith in all aspects of the employment relationship;
- Read and comply with all policies and procedures (including any Codes of Conduct) enshrined in the Human Resource Policy of DEN-L and implemented by the Employer from time to time.
- Take all practicable steps to perform the job in a way that is safe and healthy for him and his fellow employees.
- Keep all DEN-L or individual staff financial documents in private, especially where it is not to be exposed;
- Does routine accounting work.
Interested applicants can send hard-copy of application letter and CVs (with three references) to the Office of the Human Resource Director, Development Education Network – Liberia, Dementa Road, Gbarnga City, Bong County or send a soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Note: Females are strongly encouraged to apply!
The deadline for application is Monday, November 7, 2022, at 4:00 pm. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We encourage our network to circulate this post as widely as possible.
Signed: Human Resource Director